Research Executive / Junior Research Consultant – Market Insights Consultancy – Manchester (Homebased Initially) - £Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits, Bonus Scheme & Culture
Join an innovative market insights Consultancy rated “World-Class” for Customer Service!
We are Carrot Executive:
Offering a range of bespoke strategic market insights projects to a wide range of clients across the pharmaceutical and life science industries, Carrot Executive are now looking to add to our team of researchers due to a steady increase in the demand for our services. We’re a sister company to our long established recruitment brand Carrot Recruitment, which has been supporting the same clients since 2006. In that time we’ve developed an enviable reputation as leaders in our field, offering superb quality service to our clients and candidates. Carrot Executive sits separate and offers a range of consultancy service to the sector, part of which are a range of market, competitor and talent insights projects which are all bespoke and tailored to the information needs of the client.
What is the Opportunity?
We are looking for a Research Executive or Junior Research Consultant to join the team to support in a range of data/insight gathering projects. Much of the insights gathered will be from publicly available secondary data sources and some of it will be via primary market research methods. For example, we may be gathering information for a competitor benchmarking project where a client wants to know how their competitors are structured, what services they offer and how they differentiate themselves in the market. We might be identifying companies which could be suitable acquisition targets for a client, or we might be gathering insights to support our client to improve their talent attraction methods.
What would we like to see from you?
- Some experience in market research, whether at university or on the job
- Experience in gathering secondary data (desk research) and recording in an orderly fashion
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work efficiently in a focused and organised manner
- Ability to work to tight deadlines with pace
- A good team player but enjoys working autonomously using initiative
- Confident and not phased by tasks outside your comfort zone, wants to push and learn
- A personable demeanour and a sense of humour will ensure you fit well into our office!
Pay and Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave (including shut down at Christmas/New Year!)
- 2 additional duvet days per year(target related)
- Ability to buy additional 3 days annual leave
- Pension scheme
- Private healthcare scheme
- ‘Managerial rewards’ for great performance
- g., meals out, vouchers, new shoes/trainers paid for!... etc
- Smaller, more frequent rewards (Clever Carrots) for good work too
- g., leave work early, £10 Costa vouchers, free lunch, brews made all day for you!
- Beer & Fizz in fridge Friday’s! (finish the week with a well deserved drink at your desk)
- Last Friday of the month we head off early as a team for drinks
- Occasional subway lunches, bacon butties, cinema nights, social events and more!
What’s in it for you?
We will take time to support you and develop your research skills whilst teaching you all about our market. We actively encourage professional development and very much allow our team to work with real autonomy but with strong support where required. The culture of the company has been described as friendly, busy, fun, collaborative and supportive. We are lucky enough to have a great brand, an innovative team and a great reputation within our sector.
As our business grows from strength to strength, this inevitably opens up new opportunities for strong performers to step up and take on new levels of responsibility. The career path starts as a Research Executive but the opportunity is there to progress and take on more and different responsibilities. So, there is plenty to go for and what a great team and great environment to be part of.
For further information or just an informal chat around your background and potential suitability, please don’t hesitate to call me (Martin Anderson) directly, or drop me a note with your CV and covering note explaining why you believe you are a strong candidate for this particular role. I look forward to hearing from you!
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the UK or European Union, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work there.