Scientific Director – Digital Health Communications Agency; Fast growing & Innovative - London / Remote UK - £Competitive
Scientific Director vacancy available to join a digital focused, fast growing Health Communications agency. An exciting opportunity to flex those creative muscles alongside your focus on scientific strategy to push boundaries, innovate and experiment with new ways of communicating the science to create impressive, effective content for the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
A Med Comms agency with a difference – super creative and digitally focused to speed up medical and scientific information dissemination to those who need and want it.
- Inhouse specialists of designers, developers, UX, animators, videographers to provide technical expertise and understanding of digital tools and strategies to create effective digital healthcare communications.
- Fast growing and profitable with plans for continued growth and investment
- Develops omnichannel communications that are audience-centric and relevant to their personal goals and ambitions.
- An open culture of trying new things, challenging the status quo, being agile and adaptable.
A brand new requirement for a Scientific Director to join this expanding team and head up, lead and build the medical writing function whilst contributing to the wider agency growth and development.
- Mentor, coach, grow and manage the medical writers. Review content, promote professional development, inspire and motivate the team to create brilliant work.
- Create and develop content for content marketing strategy, medical education strategy, expert and KOL collaborations, delivery of websites and brand portals, digital communications, virtual events and experiences, video and animation.
- Provide scientific strategy for campaigns, brands and clients, and have positive co-creation collaborations and relationships with HCPs.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of important clinical issues; relevant literature; clinical practice guidelines; approved therapeutic drugs, regimens, and devices; therapeutic pipelines; key opinion leaders; clinician online behaviour and learning preferences
- Lead scientific strategy for pitch work and new business
This Scientific Director role is about more than scientific knowledge. It requires a shared belief in a digital revolution within healthcare and a passion for doing things better, quicker and with more relevance for your audience.
- Solid scientific background with a PhD or MD and many years’ medical writing experience.
- Highly respected by internal and external stakeholders
- Brings a strong focus on creativity, research and development – including a passion and enthusiasm for digital communications and online education in Healthcare
- Understands HCPs – practicing through to KOL, their values, their needs, their preferences, and appreciates the value of creating relevant content for these audiences and how that can support companies with their marketing goals.
- Understands the important of R&D. Believe in innovation, embrace exploration and be confident to make recommendations.
- A desire to contribute to a supportive, collaborative and entrepreneurial culture.
What should you do next?
This Scientific Director role is one not to be missed; it encompasses the opportunity to make positive change happen within digital health communications and inspiring your team to come on the journey with you! To discuss this Scientific Director role further or to find out about other Healthcare Communications jobs I’m currently working on, please get in touch or hit apply to submit your current CV.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the UK or European Union, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work there.
Carrot Pharma Recruitment Ltd acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency on behalf of our client in recruitment for this role.