Account Management Director (Med Info, Med Affairs, Publications) – Global CRO – Reading / London or Remote – to £90K+ Car Allowance, 20% Bonus and loads of additional benefits!
As part of an exciting growth plan, a newly created role for an Account Management Director is available. A key objective of this role is to establish, and account manage a portfolio of projects and programmes within the growing Scientific Communications practice, specifically related to Medical Affairs services including publications and Medical Information content. As a subject matter expert in this field, you will add this specialist experience to the team’s skill mix.
This Account Management Director role sits on the Medical and Patient Communications team of a Global clinical research organisation, supporting clients from Phase II through commercialisation and beyond.
- Truly integrated business: set up to collaborate and bring the right people together to provide solutions to client challenges.
- Global and local knowledge across the world, providing insights into physician and patient behaviour.
- Rapid access to insights from therapeutic and clinical experts to help shape strategy.
- Employees include medical experts, professors, PhD’s, physicians, nurses and MSL’s who all generate insights across the product lifecycle.
- Activities include medical affairs (scientific platforms, publications, advisory boards, educational symposia, MSL support, Medical Information), Market Access Communications (global and country level value dossiers, value communication), Real World Evidence and Clinical Pathways communications, promotional activities (concepts, campaigns, training and creative materials across multiple channels), behavioural- based patient support programmes and technology solutions.
The Account Management Director role is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Account Director or Client Services Director with publications and Medical Information experience to shape the strategy, integrate the new capability into the service offerings, and lead the strategic and delivery teams to execute projects and programmes.
- Provide senior level subject matter expertise to shape offerings, form strategic relationships with senior customer contacts and internal leaders resulting in new integrated solutions, business opportunities and expanded partnerships.
- Develop an effective growth strategy for Publications and Medical Information content businesses.
- Lead delivery of successful customer accounts, leading programme strategy with support from Medical Strategists
To be successful as Account Management Director you will likely be a Senior Account Director or Client Services Director in a Medical Communications agency, and keen to take on this pivot role in global CRO. Required skills include:
- Excellent understanding of biopharmaceutical lifecycle strategy as it pertains to scientific and wider medical communications
- Proven expertise in developing, selling and delivering Publications and Medical Information content services in an agency setting.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with others in a global environment.
- Effective leadership skills in a matrix environment with excellent people management skills.
- Strategic thinking ability and track record of proactive risk management.
- Strong negotiation and decision making skills
What should you do next?
This is an immediate requirement with the position available as soon as you are. A rare opportunity to transition from agency to CRO using all your knowledge and experience to head up the team and lead it through this exciting period of growth. To discuss further, please submit your current CV today.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the European Union, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work there.
Carrot Pharma Recruitment Ltd acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency on behalf of our client in recruitment for this role.