Associate Medical Director – Publications – Global Clinical Research Organisation – remote in the UK - £Competitive with great benefits
This is a newly created role due to an increase in demand for scientific communications and requires someone with expertise in scientific publications. The Associate Medical Director will lead on medical strategy and support the content development team.
This Associate Medical Director role sits on the Medical and Patient Communications team of a Global clinical research organisation, supporting clients from Phase II through commercialisation and beyond.
- Truly integrated business; set up to collaborate and bring the right people together to provide solutions to client challenges.
- Global and local knowledge across the world, providing insights into physician and patient behaviour.
- Rapid access to insights from therapeutic and clinical experts to help shape strategy.
- Employees include medical experts, professors, PhD’s, physicians, nurses and MSL’s who all generate insights across the product lifecycle.
- Activities include medical affairs (scientific platforms, publications, advisory boards, educational symposia, MSL support, Medical Information), Market Access Communications (global and country level value dossiers, value communication), Real World Evidence and Clinical Pathways communications, promotional activities (concepts, campaigns, training and creative materials across multiple channels), behavioural- based patient support programmes and technology solutions.
As Associate Medical Director you will lead the development of forward-thinking publication plans and execution of high-quality global publication projects.
- Scientific Lead in communications with client, authors and internal teams
- Work in multidisciplinary teams with colleagues specialising in medical affairs and real-world insights to develop new solutions that help move healthcare forwards.
- Provide strategic direction across a variety of accounts including large multi-faceted publication plans and individual publications.
- Lead meetings with stakeholders, presenting scientific / clinical concepts and facilitating discussion, author calls, workshops and expert advisory meetings.
- Cultivate strong long-term relationships with internal and external clients and key decision makers, assisting them to achieve goals through high-quality medical communications solutions.
Publication expert with extensive experience in medical writing, review and medical direction within a medical communications agency environment.
- Can ensure conduct of the team is in accordance with GPP3, ICMJE and industry guidelines.
- Medical strategy and direction experience
- Support and coach the medical writing team and monitor outputs to ensure quality, compliance, appropriateness and profitability.
- Familiarity with research tools and approaches, such as reference management and publication planning databases.
What should you do next?
This Associate Medical Director role is one not to be missed; it encompasses the opportunity to lead on publication planning strategies whilst upskilling the medical writing team. To discuss this Associate Medical Director role further or to find out about other Healthcare Communication jobs I’m currently working on, please get in touch or hit apply to submit your current CV.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the UK or European Union, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work there.
Carrot Pharma Recruitment Ltd acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency on behalf of our client in recruitment for this role.