Associate Medical Writer – Global Health Communications – Cheshire– £Competitive + Great Benefits
This well-established agency is seeking an Associate Medical Writer to join their expanding team at their idyllic office location in Macclesfield. The agency focuses on conducting real-world studies.
- Scientific Communications agency with a proud reputation for integrity
- Long standing client partnerships
- Excellent reputation for internal and external training, career progression and professional development of their staff
- Broad range of projects including publications
- Very patient driven
- Wide range of therapy areas including Immunology, Oncology, Respiratory, Rheumatoid arthritis and Rare Diseases and novel therapeutic approaches
This role provides the opportunity to engage in the drafting, editing and quality assurance of abstracts, posters, presentations and manuscripts.
- Creating and submitting posters and presentations for scientific conferences and congresses
- Literature reviews
- High quality support to Franchise teams and the Publications Team
- Liaising with teams to follow and incorporate authors’ feedback
- Liaising with statistical team in order to produce results including tables and figures
- Co-ordinating response to reviewers’ comments and resubmission of manuscripts in a standard format
- Gathering information required for submissions such as approvals, disclosure forms, e-mail addresses, etc
- High level guidance on potential target scientific journals
- Ensuring the publication process and all materials produced comply with current relevant guidelines
- Other Publications Team support including Publication Database updates, etc.
The ideal candidate will have prior medical communications/ education writing experience, is a team player and seeking their next career step.
- Experience in medical writing (2+ years)
- Educated to a MSc level or higher in a scientific subject
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team spirit
- MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
- Highly motivated with a proactive approach to work
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry
- A high level of numeracy, analytical and interpretive skills
- Attention to detail
- Reference management software experience (i.e. EndNote)
What should you do next?
This Associate Medical Writer role is one not to be missed; it encompasses the opportunity to enhance your career in Medical Communications specifically in Real World Evidence. To discuss this Associate Medical Writer role further or to find out about other Medical Communications jobs I’m currently working on, please get in touch or hit apply to submit your current CV.
You must already have authorised to work in the UK or EU.
Carrot Pharma Recruitment Ltd acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency on behalf of our client in recruitment for this role.