Clinical Nurse Specialist – Pharma company – London, UK - £competitive salary
UK based pharmaceutical company specialising in the neurology market. They focus on innovative products for chronic and serious medical conditions, and in particular, the treatment of Parkinson’s disease. A great opportunity to join a company who are highly committed to improving the quality of life for People with Parkinson's disease.
Provide ongoing support for the initiation of patients on a new drug for Parkinson’ disease. To maximise therapy outcomes and patient experience. Manage referrals for this new therapy drug from pre assessment to initiation and follow up. Support and monitor patients receiving the therapy as required.
- Assess appropriateness of patient (suitability in line with SPC, contraindications)
- Follow the process of initiation as per Britannia protocol
- Initiation of therapy and providing support for patient management in hospital and the community until therapy is stopped
- Appropriately document any treatment changes - One weekend per month on call to support patients, via telephone. Time spent with patient at initiation will require 3-5 days which may require accommodation near hospital site.
- Band 6/7 or above
- Full UK driving licence
- Neurology experience
- Extensive experience of Parkinson’s Disease and the key issues related to its management
- Ability to travel around London and home counties to facilitate patient management in various London Hospitals
What should you do next?
This Clinical Nurse Specialist role is one not to be missed; it encompasses the opportunity to join a pharma company where you can gain experience in helping to bring new drugs to the market to improve various diseases. To discuss this role further or to find out about other clinical research jobs I’m currently working on, please get in touch or hit apply to submit your current CV.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the UK or European Union, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work there.
Carrot Pharma Recruitment Ltd acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency on behalf of our client in recruitment for this role.