Communications Officer – Global Biotech – Oxfordshire – c£50K DOE + Benefits
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced healthcare communications professional to join a global biotech within their close-knit marketing team. Working at the cutting edge of healthcare innovation this is a unique opportunity for someone from a communications agency looking to move clientside.
This leading Biotech with an exciting portfolio of products and positive growth plans is seeking an experienced Communications Officer to join their close-knit Marketing Team to develop engaging and informative communications strategies to shout about their success and increase awareness.
- Global business with customers in over 100 countries
- An exciting portfolio of products harnessing new technologies to bring real change to patients
- The close-knit team within a large global organisation offering the best of both!
- Competitive salary as well as a generous benefits package including stock options, bonus scheme, discounted gym membership, guest speakers, and ongoing learning & development
As the Communications Officer, you will work within the Marketing Team to develop and action strategic communications campaigns and media coverage in line with the company brand to increase awareness and champion the business. The will be a varied and exciting role:
- Working with internal teams and external agencies to develop and implement communications strategies and media coverage
- Translating technical and scientific breakthroughs into engaging stories aimed at different audiences across multiple marketing channels including digital, print, broadcast, radio, podcast
- Carrying out media relations planning and developing strong relationships with key publications
- Handling incoming press enquiries and analysing media coverage
To be successful for this Communications Officer you need to have a solid background within healthcare communications and a real ability to translate scientific data into engaging communications campaigns. You will ideally be working within a Healthcare PR agency where you have been developing external comms campaigns for 2 years+.
- Life Sciences degree
- Healthcare communications industry experience essential!
- Experienced at building relationships with media contacts and the press
- Accustomed to developing omnichannel communications campaigns to increase brand awareness
- A passion for healthcare innovation
- Someone who is enthusiastic about ideas but able to ground these in workable plans
What should you do next?
This highly Competitive role is one not to be missed; it encompasses the opportunity for a communications professional from an agency background to take their first step into clientside. To discuss this Communications Officer role further or to find out about other Healthcare Communications jobs I’m currently working on, please get in touch or hit apply to submit your current CV.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the UK or European Union, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work there.
Carrot Pharma Recruitment Ltd acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency on behalf of our client in recruitment for this role.