Conference Administrator - Not for profit medical and scientific conference organisation – Flexible hours - London
This conference agency work with not for profit and charity sectors helping them create the perfect conferences, meetings and events across the UK and Europe. With over 13 years experience. They are a one stop shop for full conference and event management, exhibition and sponsorship management and association and society management. They are passionate and proactive and are looking for a Conference Administrator to join their niche and supportive team.
The Conference Administrator will be the first point of contact for the conference delegates, providing information, advise and support. This role will also support the Conference Managers in all aspects of each project. With the route to progress within the events space this is an excellent opportunity to learn from the best.
- Responsible for setting up and processing delegate registrations, using delegate management software.
- Populating virtual conference platforms, including exhibitor, sponsor and delegate areas.
- With lead time from 18 – 24 months there is less time pressure than in most events roles.
- Reconciling receipt of delegate payments and undertaking credit control to ensure all delegate fees are paid in full and on time.
- Distributing regular email marketing campaigns.
- Checking scientific abstracts submitted online and preparation/mailing of materials to authors under supervision of the Conference Manager.
- Assisting on the logistics of multiple events.
- Preparation of all collateral needed for each event.
- Attendance at conferences throughout the UK and occasionally Europe
To apply for this Conference Administration role you must be experienced administration and working on events/conferences/exhibitions.
- Be experienced within administration and office procedures including drafting business correspondence
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Competent in producing detailed reports
- Managing a schedule of weekly reports to send to clients
- Ability to prioritise and work proactively
- Must work well under pressure
- Confident telephone manner with excellent communication skills
- Relevant experience in event management and general office administration
- A positive team player that wants to develop.
What should you do next?
This Conference Administration role is one not to be missed; it encompasses the opportunity to work on exciting events and some of the worlds top pharmaceutical companies. To discuss this Conference Administration role further or to find out about other Medical Communication jobs I’m currently working on, please get in touch or hit apply to submit your current CV.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the UK or European Union, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work there.Carrot Pharma Recruitment Ltd acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency on behalf of our client in recruitment for this role.