Conference Manager - Not for profit medical and scientific conference organisation – Flexible hours - London
This conference agency work with not for profit and charity sectors helping them create the perfect conferences, meetings and events across the UK and Europe. With over 13 years experience. They are a one stop shop for full conference and event management, exhibition and sponsorship management and association and society management. They are passionate and proactive and are looking for a Conference Manager to join their niche and supportive team.
The Conference Manager role will be the main point of contact for clients providing a full event management service to clients organising in person, virtual and hybrid events.
- Responsible for the efficient and effective delivery of an annual portfolio of conferences and exhibitions.
- Managing overall delivery of in-person, virtual and hybrid events to ensure all activities are delivered on time and in budget.
- With lead time from 18 – 24 months there is less time pressure than in most events roles.
- Liaising with clients to ascertain their event requirements, working together to produce the plans to execute a seamless event.
- Reporting regularly to the client to keep them up to date with all project milestones.
- Budget and finance management.
- Managing VIPs. Speaker and chairperson liaison and participation,
- Venue sourcing.
- Coordinating suppliers and contractors for each event, considering insurance, legal etc
- Overseeing the set up and breakdown on site of each event.
To apply for this Conference Manager role you must be experienced within conferences and events. Coming from a medical/scientific events background is an advantage.
- Be an experienced events/conference manager
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Have excellent communication skills and be enthusiastic
- Experience in working cross functionally and managing internal and external teams
- Always able to maintain a professional positive attitude
- Must work well under pressure
- Must be proactive and a real team player
- A positive team player that wants to develop.
What should you do next?
This Conference Manager role is one not to be missed; it encompasses the opportunity to work on exciting events and some of the worlds top pharmaceutical companies. To discuss this Conference Manager role further or to find out about other Medical Communication jobs I’m currently working on, please get in touch or hit apply to submit your current CV.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the UK or European Union, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work there.Carrot Pharma Recruitment Ltd acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency on behalf of our client in recruitment for this role.