Contract Recruitment Consultant – Life Sciences Recruitment Consultancy – Manchester/Cheshire UK (Homebased) - £Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits, Bonus Scheme & Culture
Join an innovative Recruitment Consultancy rated “World-Class” for Customer Service!
About Carrot Recruitment:
We are an independent, specialist recruitment consultancy who work with some of the world’s largest Pharmaceutical, Biotech and Life Science companies, we currently have an opportunity for someone to join us as a Recruitment Consultant or Senior Consultant to lead our contract division, working on behalf of established clients.
The Pharmaceutical sector has stayed buoyant over the past 18 months and remains a very attractive industry to work in. With over 15 years’ experience supporting the sector, our reputation has gone from strength to strength and we’re the go-to consultancy for many of our clients. We are Manchester based and would ideally like to attract people based in and around the Greater Manchester / Cheshire regions, but we will certainly consider applicants further afield.
What Kind of Person Are We Looking For?
For us, attitude and personality are key, but we are relatively flexible on the level of experience. Sector experience would be nice but is not essential as we can teach that. Some of the key things we’d be keen to see are:
- A minimum of 1 year’s recruitment or resourcing experience with demonstrable success.
- Recruitment experience working with professionals, ideally some contract recruitment experience.
- Very strong communication skills, including your written capabilities.
- You’re genuinely a good team player but can work autonomously with self-drive and initiative.
- A strong work ethic. A proactive and focused approach. Works at pace.
- Ability to plan your days & weeks effectively and to reprioritise when needs be.
- Resilience and tenacity are traits that we would also look for.
- And a personable demeanour with a sense of humour will ensure you fit well into our team.
This is a full-time permanent role to recruit contract vacancies across a number of verticals in the pharmaceuticals and life science sector. We have long-standing relationships with our clients, and we benefit from ongoing repeat business and referrals to other businesses. Much of the role will be delivery, though there will be a need to develop new business. Depending on your level of experience and business development skills, there will be a relevant level of support offered to ensure the new briefs keep coming in.
What’s in it for You?
We’ll support you in your professional development, helping you to enhance your skills and capabilities and will provide opportunities for progression. The culture of the company is friendly, fun, collaborative and supportive. We have a great brand, loyal client partnerships, an innovative team, and a great reputation within our sector. Our benefits include:
- Competitive base salary with performance-related bonus scheme and rewards.
- Full home working with flexibility around working patterns.
- Opportunity to work in the office between 1-4 times/month for time with some of the team.
- 25 days holiday which increases to 28 days after 5 years of service.
- Up to two duvet days per annum (target related) *
- Option to buy or sell 3 days annual leave per year *
- Pension scheme (Auto-enrolment) and private healthcare scheme *
- Mobile phone tariff contribution *
- Ad-hoc managerial rewards to recognise extra effort and success.
- Quarterly team rewards, company activity afternoons and meals out for hitting quarter targets.
- Monthly posh lunch and afternoon off for consultants who achieve target each month.
- Smaller, more frequent rewards to the value of £10 (Clever Carrots).
- Early finish on the last Friday of every month.
- Regular social events with the wider team.
Our Interview Process:
We’re a relaxed and informal bunch. For us, it’s important to get to know you first whilst learning about your background, your experiences, and your strengths. It’s important that you get a chance to ask us questions too and to get a good feel for the working environment, the culture, and expectations of the role. The first step is an informal chat over Zoom or Microsoft Teams. Beyond that, we would then invite you to meet some of us in person to chat a little more and perhaps go through your achievements in more detail. Again, you will have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and meet some of your potential new colleagues.
For further information or an initial chat, please don’t hesitate to contact me, via email@example.com, or send me your CV and a brief covering note explaining why you believe you are a strong candidate for this role.
Meanwhile, please feel free to have a look through our ‘join us’ page which will provide some further information. https://www.carrotrecruitment.co.uk/careers.
We look forward to hearing from you!
*Benefits applicable after probation.