Director, Medical Writing (Med Info, Med Affairs, Publications) – Global CRO – Reading / London or Remote – to £95K+ Car Allowance, 20% Bonus and loads of additional benefits!
As part of an exciting growth plan, a newly created role for a Director, Medical Writing is available. A key objective of this role is to manage and grow a team of UK based Senior Medical Writers – recruit, train, coach, appraisals, progression planning… and provide strategic medical communications leadership.
This Director, Medical Writing role sits on the Medical and Patient Communications team of a Global clinical research organisation, supporting clients from Phase II through commercialisation and beyond.
- Truly integrated business: set up to collaborate and bring the right people together to provide solutions to client challenges.
- Global and local knowledge across the world, providing insights into physician and patient behaviour.
- Rapid access to insights from therapeutic and clinical experts to help shape strategy.
- Employees include medical experts, professors, PhD’s, physicians, nurses and MSL’s who all generate insights across the product lifecycle.
- Activities include medical affairs (scientific platforms, publications, advisory boards, educational symposia, MSL support, Medical Information), Market Access Communications (global and country level value dossiers, value communication), Real World Evidence and Clinical Pathways communications, promotional activities (concepts, campaigns, training and creative materials across multiple channels), behavioural- based patient support programmes and technology solutions.
As Director, Medical Writing, you will provide leadership to the team of senior medical writers and subject matter experts to enable success on client activities.
- Lead development of best practices and processes to enable to medical writing team to grow and succeed in a compliant and efficient fashion
- Provide daily line management activities such as resourcing of projects, budget and timeline input and approval, and addressing any challenges.
- Conduct regular individual and team meetings, set development plans, conduct performance reviews, and support career progression.
- Represent the broader medical team and serve as subject matter expert including development and delivery of proposals, pitches and strategy into programme execution.
- Participate in solution development for new offerings in conjunction with colleagues across the wider business.
As a seasoned medical communications professional, you will have earnt your stripes as a medical writer and now enjoy line management responsibilities and imparting your knowledge to coach and develop junior writers.
- Have provided medical direction and review for a variety of activities and deliverables within the Med Comms and Med Affairs space
- Experience managing, resourcing and developing medical writing teams.
- Client facing experience
- CMPP, BCMAS or equivalent credentials
- A Proactive thinker with the ability and desire to work in multifunctional teams to create innovative communications solutions
What should you do next?
This Director, Medical Writing role is one not to be missed; it encompasses the opportunity to join a Global CRO with responsibility for a team of Senior Medical Writers to produce outstanding work across Publications, Medical Affairs and medical Information. To discuss this Director, Medical Writing role further or to find out about other Medical Communication jobs I’m currently working on, please get in touch or hit apply to submit your current CV.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the UK or European Union, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work there.Carrot Pharma Recruitment Ltd acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency on behalf of our client in recruitment for this role.