Director, Scientific Strategy – Lead High Profile Portfolios - EU Medical Communications – Remote in the UK - £competitive salary
Director, Scientific Strategy – Lead exciting portfolios of work and maintain editorial excellence across diverse teams – Join the EU based Medical Communications team working at local, European and global level – Candidates can work remotely in the UK
A well established and internationally recognised medical communication agency who specialise in developing collaborations between the biopharmaceutical industry and medical / healthcare professionals.
- Develop a range of strategic solutions based on an understanding of the objectives and issues of their clients and their stakeholders.
- Facilitate peer-to-peer and scientific communications through a range of channels
- Based in Europe with an appreciation of different healthcare systems, regulations and market dynamics.
- Create content that can be syndicated to deliver solutions to enhance patient care across the globe.
Manage high-visibility, large-scale medical communication projects, supporting growth of the Med Comms business and provide motivational management to the editorial teams.
- An active member of the Senior Management Team, contributing to business planning, problem solving and the development and tactical implementation of the Med Comms strategy
- Strong ability to understand, develop and implement scientific and commercial strategy.
- Solid scientific background with a depth and breadth of writing, editing and reviewing skills.
- Provide Scientific Counsel over a number of key accounts to ensure thought lesdership and foster a growth-focused mindset.
- Proven ability to train and develop people, implement scientific processes and working practices, effective project and resource management, and oversee the output of Scientific Directors and Scientific Leads to ensure strategically insightful and meet quality standards.
A seasoned medical communications professional with 12+ years agency experience under your belt. Likely to have spent the last few years as a Scientific Director in an agency setting.
- Able to manage multiple and varied tasks, keeping calm under pressure
- Client focused, able to build and maintain effective working relationships with key client personnel, KOLs and EU colleagues to ensure co-operative and effective cross-functional working at all levels.
- Comfortable working in a matrix environment and values to importance of team work
- Keen to undertake continuous professional learning and development
- Well honed interpersonal and communication skills.
What should you do next?
This Director, Scientific Strategy role is one not to be missed; it encompasses the opportunity to lead exciting portfolios of work and build editorial excellence skills across the teams. To discuss this Director, Scientific Strategy role further or to find out about other Medical Communication jobs I’m currently working on, please get in touch or hit apply to submit your current CV.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the UK or European Union, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work there.Carrot Recruitment Ltd acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency on behalf of our client in recruitment for this role.