Editorial Assistant (Entry-Level)- Medical Education Agency – Buckinghamshire - £Competitive Salary + Great Benefits
A small, independent med comms agency is looking for an Editorial Assistant to join a fantastic team in their idyllic Buckinghamshire office! Prior editing experience is a plus but not required.
An exciting time for the agency with a push for growth whilst maintaining an autonomous working culture. Their editorial team is now looking to expand to meet the growth demands of the company!
- Therapy areas: Haematology, Hep C, breast cancer, diabetes, HIV, Urology and many more
- Clients: major pharma companies, including long-standing clients since the company opened 20 years ago
- Specialist division working on an incredibly exciting global biosimilar account
- In addition to medical work, the company works on marketing and brand planning projects
- Based within the beautiful, idyllic village of Amersham with boutique stores, coffee shops and restaurants on the doorstep. Around an hour from central London
- Benefits include private healthcare for employees & family, holiday flexibility to buy/sell an additional four days and discretionary bonus scheme
The successful candidate will be someone who is seeking to develop their current editing skills or commence their career in medical communications.
- Understands the standard PromoMats/iMR/GCMA approval process for their client(s) for a range of materials
- Is able to create job bags and upload references in PromoMats/iMR/GCMA
- Recognises the need to reference materials with primary supporting data
- Editing and proofing a vast array of medical education materials
- Proofreads and checks the accuracy of materials to a consistently high standard
- Uses PowerPoint to edit simple slides by formatting text, figures, graphs and animations
- Follows internal processes to ensure quality and efficiency
- Can, with support from a more senior team member, answer client queries about the compliance process/status of materials
- Can answers questions about the standard compliance process for their account(s)
- Supports the project management of the compliance process by providing regular updates to the Programme Delivery Team
- Completes timesheets accurately and provides support for the reconciliation of projects
- Is aware of project budgets and timelines and proactively raises potential issues
For this Editorial Assistant role, you will have a strong interest in scientific editing- this is an excellent opportunity for a life-sciences graduate!
- Life Science/ relevant degree
- Commit to being in the office 3 days a week
- Basic understanding of the ABPI Code of Practice
- Supportive and takes initiative to keep projects moving
- Identifies and volunteers to take on work to help the team
- Is prepared for and contribute to internal meetings.
What should you do next?
This Editorial Assistant role is one not to be missed; it encompasses the opportunity to grow within a fantastic Medial Education company and gain new skills. To discuss this Editor role further or to find out about other Editorial jobs I am currently working on, please get in touch or hit apply to submit your current CV.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the UK or European Union, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work there. Otherwise, your application will not be progressed.Carrot Recruitment Ltd acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency on behalf of our client in recruitment for this role.