Head of Scientific Services – Digital Health Communications – South East England.
A Board level role with this independently-owned business that creates and publishes medical information in a range of easily accessible formats. This is an exciting opportunity to be the medical and scientific lead across a variety of activities including expert interviews, round table discussions, webinars, podcasts, congress support, symposia, e-learning, and support for stand-alone meetings. You will join a digitally advanced and progressive healthcare communications agency and lead the team in developing scientific and medical content used by HCPs globally.
Digitally focussed Healthcare Communications provider who specialise in creating medical and scientific content for HealthCare Professionals that is easy to locate and digest, and to ultimately inform prescribing decisions.
- Long-standing client relationships with most of the top 10 pharma companies and smaller biotechs
- Involved in a wide range of activities including expert interviews, round table discussions, webinars, podcasts, congress support, symposia, e-learning, and support for stand-alone meetings.
- Produce high-quality, science-led educational content that can include evidence-based text and interactive content, through webinars or live-streamed symposia and associated enduring materials (blended learning)
- Provide pharmaceutical companies with the tools they need to reach and engage target audiences with Key educational Messages while measuring engagement and outcomes.
As Head of Scientific Services, you will provide scientific and strategic leadership whilst managing the growing team of medical writers to produce outstanding and compliant content for global educational programmes.
- Scientific Services leadership and management across multiple locations and projects to ensure the highest standards of quality, scientific accuracy, and fair balance.
- Coach, mentor, and upskill the medical writers, setting efficient working practices and quality standard processes.
- Create content that is scientifically and grammatically accurate, aligned with educational objectives, and suitable for the target audience and desired formats.
- Key editorial and scientific contact for clients, key opinion, and thought leaders.
- Provide expert advice on best practice to the wider business in relation to tactical implementation of complex projects and compliance.
- Review and proof-read materials produced by the scientific team and externally produced content such as slide decks by KOLs or specialist freelancers
Ideally, Ph.D. qualified with medical writing experience, adept at producing digital medical content.
- Ideal progression for a Scientific Director who enjoys coaching and developing the editorial team and wants to head up the scientific department.
- Keen to support personal development and business growth.
- Medical writing experience with a demonstrable understanding of pharmaceutical compliance standards and regulations.
- Strong understanding of digital channels and behaviours, able to develop innovative digitally integrated strategies.
- Develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of assigned therapy areas, clients and competitor products, the compliance and regulatory environment, and international standards for disclosing medical and scientific content
- Familiar with SaaS workflow, communication, and project management systems.
What should you do next?
This Head of Scientific Services role is one not to be missed; it encompasses the opportunity to join a digitally advanced and progressive medical communications agency to develop content used by HCPs globally to inform prescribing behaviours. To discuss this Head of Scientific Services role further or to find out about other Medical Communications and Medical Education jobs I’m currently working on, please get in touch or hit apply to submit your current CV.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the UK or European Union, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work there.
Carrot Pharma Recruitment Ltd acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency on behalf of our client in recruitment for this role.