Insights/Research Manager – Insights Agency – Greater Manchester/Cheshire – Remote Working with lots of flex – Full time or part-time - £Competitive salary plus amazing benefits!
Carrot Executive was launched in 2020 as a sister company to Carrot Recruitment, which has been firmly established within the pharmaceutical & life science industries since 2006.
Carrot Executive offers both off the shelf and bespoke insights projects to support client strategy and decision making in relation to talent, competition and markets. Typical projects will look at talent attraction and retention strategies, employer brand analysis and benchmarking, competitor benchmarking in relation to products offerings, market positioning and talent brands, and insights to identify new revenue streams, sectors or markets.
Overview of Role
We are seeking an experienced researcher who has the drive and capability to promote Carrot Executive and our products to a wide range of clients and not only win new business but to be hands-on in managing and delivering numerous insights projects successfully, on brief and on time.
You will be central to the growth of Carrot Executive and whilst initially, you will have one junior researcher supporting you, in time the objective is to grow the company into a healthy team of researchers operating across sectors, working in partnership with clients in the UK and further afield.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Some of the more pertinent aspects of the role are:
- Refining our product offerings and their promotion through our website and via other channels with the support of a director and the marketing team.
- Driving our business development efforts through a variety of means: networking through colleagues and their existing clients, networking through your own client list, utilising Hubspot as a tool for sequential and automated email campaigns, working with our marketing team to generate promotional content to go out through linked in and other channels.
- Leading on the design of any bespoke insights projects and research tasks, as well as being central to the whole implementation, analysis, interpretation of results and report writing (or charting results via PowerPoint).
- Leading on proposal writing, taking that process through to successful conversion and project briefing stage.
- Involved in the generation of marketing collateral such as case studies and the creation of content and blogs for our web pages to drive inbound enquiries.
Skills & Competencies Required:
- A strategic mindset with the ability to discuss issues openly with clients and offer suitable solutions from an insight’s perspective.
- Strong research capabilities across both qual and quant. With creativity in designing the right methodology to fit any insights brief.
- Experience in conducting research within the fields of talent insights, employer branding, talent brands, competitor benchmarking or market insights.
- Strong capability in analysis and interpretation of results/data with the ability to pick out key trends quickly and identify what elements might require further investigation before drawing conclusions.
- Experience of successfully coaching and managing junior colleagues is also beneficial as is an enjoyment for that part of the role.
- Strong skills in client development / new business and evidence of success in winning new projects.
- Strong communication skills: good written work, strong on grammar and punctuation with good attention to detail and ability to proofread very effectively.
- Good listening skills are key in having successful interactions with clients, respondents and colleagues.
- The ability to work at pace and be highly organised – often you will work across several projects at any one time with conflicting priorities and you need to be able to identify what needs doing first and work through tasks with focus to completion and to a high standard.
- Being conscientious and taking full ownership for your work is key too as is being a team player. Having that eagerness and willingness to help others and do what it takes to get the work delivered for our clients.
Home v Office
We now work predominantly from home with the occasional day in flexible workspaces with part of the team in either central Manchester or Cheadle Hulme.
Who will this role suit?
This would suit someone who has a genuine passion for research and insights, particularly in relation to talent insights, employer branding etc. You will have a minimum of 3 years of experience in research and will have managed or at least coached one junior colleague and enjoyed doing so. You will have experience in the business development process, from the marketing of your brand and solutions to the contact with clients and development and hopefully conversion of proposals. Importantly you will be someone who is keen to push forward and take the next step in their career to have responsibility for driving and growing a small but ambitious company into something you can be proud of and to be rewarded through your success.
- Full home working with flexibility around working patterns
- 25 days annual leave rising to 28 plus 2 duvet days based on success
- Contributory pension
- Private healthcare
- Mobile phone tariff contribution
- Quarterly individual bonus scheme
- Quarterly team rewards
- Smaller ‘Clever Carrot’ rewards or managerial rewards
- Ability to buy or sell 3 days of annual leave
- Regular social events with wider team
What should you do next?
This Insights Manager role won’t be around for long – with initial interviews taking place virtually ASAP – so apply today! To find out more about this exciting opportunity please don’t hesitate to get in touch.