Market Access & Pricing Manager – Southeast England – £80k + Car Allowance & Bonus
High quality therapeutics and diagnostics solutions for patients, ethics as there underlying principle, dedication to innovation and advancement, strong people centricity and environmental sustainability. These five pillars form the foundation of this European pharmaceutical company with more than 135 years of history.
The Market Access & Pricing Manager – UK is responsible for the development and execution of the Market Access strategies and associated activities to support successful access and reimbursement for all assigned products (both pre-launch and post launch). The role will develop detailed pre-launch plans in alignment with the Global Market Access team, execute detailed payer research, local ad boards, and manage relationships with Health Authorities to shape the market access and reimbursement strategy.
The role requires close coordination with cross functional teams on questions of Patient Access, Policy Shaping, Global Market Access and Health Economics to pave the way for future product launches. The Market Access and Pricing Manager must Independently deliver long-term strategic thinking from an access and reimbursement perspective in support of successful launch and commercialisation of our products.
The role will therefore require deep understanding of the current access landscape, patient groups and bodies, understanding of the relevant access routes, reimbursement mechanisms as well as scientific, technical, regulatory, intellectual property and commercial considerations to ensure maximum impact of well-designed long-term strategies and plans.
This role requires closely working with senior management and across multiple levels of the organization, from local affiliates to Global team, interacting with multiple internal stakeholders, to deliver effective policy strategies for early-stage assets and to make thorough assessments of new opportunities.
The role requires a strong strategic mindset, excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills, and the ability to apply those skills inside the organization and with external stakeholders.
The role holder will have the opportunity to shape an emerging, high-visibility Market Access & Pricing function. This new function will devise and implement strategies to deliver long-lasting policy changes and shaping patient access our products.
- Strategy and Leadership
- Responsible for implementing Access and Pricing Strategies for assigned products by engaging directly with key players and coordinating activities, including:
- Payer landscape (NHS/NICE) and evidence gap analysis
- Payer research and ad boards
- Build the value proposition including health economic modelling to support submission.
- Develop the reimbursement strategy in collaboration with Global Market Access team.
- Fine-tuning the NICE reimbursement dossiers to align with the Global core value story.
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree or above.
- Proven track record of successful submissions to NICE
- Technical Knowledge: Strong understanding of the current and future access and policy environment for drugs. Good knowledge of the drug development process (Local HTA process - pricing, reimbursement; Economic Modelling, Payer research, Payer advocacy etc) and global commercialisation environment with proven track record of implementing successful Market Access strategies. Proven track record of successful collaboration across multiple functions (e.g.: regulatory, medical, or commercial function) throughout the product lifecycle.
- Strong experience in Market Access & Pricing within a bio-pharmaceutical companies
- Extensive experience in product launches (cardio-vascular preferred)) with planning and execution through local payer assessments
- Proven track record of leading effective price and access negotiation strategies
- Development of key value generation tools and objection handler
- Experience in articulation requirements for RWE, HEOR to develop HE models.
- Strong business acumen with excellent communication skills and stakeholder management
- Developing or making recommendations for Price Policy or Access Strategy for pipeline or inline products and effectively communicating impact of those decisions to the commercial business
- Ability to present a well-reasoned business case and influence other departmental leaders to support cross functional implementation of new initiatives and projects.
What should you do next?
This Market Access & Pricing Manager role is one not to be missed; it encompasses the opportunity to work with a global Pharma company. To discuss this role further or to find out about other roles I’m currently working on, please get in touch or hit apply to submit your current CV.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the UK or European Union, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work there.
Carrot Recruitment acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency on behalf of our client in recruitment for this role.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression.
If there are any arrangements or adjustments we can make to assist you at interview then please let us know and we'll be more than happy to assist.