Medical Device Safety Manager - Global Healthcare Company – Yorkshire with remote working - £competitive basic salary, car allowance, bonus, pension, healthcare, 25days holiday, wellbeing benefits
You will ensure product safety requirements of Medical Devices / Electrical Devices within the global safety team. You will work alongside the technical leadership team as well as working cross functionally across the business. You’ll drive safety by design, ensuring the mitigation of risk across the product lifecycle.
A global Healthcare company are currently recruiting for a Medical Device Safety Manager to join them on a permanent basis. The role offers a hybrid working model and ideally, you’d be on site in Yorkshire twice a week.
- Global, leading health / hygiene company
- FTSE 100 company
- At the forefront of consumer healthcare and have a large number of well-known brands in their portfolio
- Remote working available (ideally 3 days per week)
I’m recruiting for a Medical Device Safety Manager to manage a small team whilst overseeing the medical device safety function, assisting the Medical Devices Senior Manager. You’ll ensure delivery of projects to strict timescales, ensuring all medical device and electrical device products adhere to all safety standards and legislation. You’ll be responsible for;
- Providing expert guidance and governance where needed across medical devices and electrical devices
- Lead safety by design principles in design stages
- Responsible for day-to-day management of a small dedicated team, ensuring appropriate testing and high-quality risk assessments are conducted
- Drive consistent and high-quality safety assessments to support the safety of products: contribute to the production of Risk Management plans and the Safety sections of clinical reports for Medical Devices.
- Ensuring all products adhere to risk management plans
- Work closely with New Product Development teams in ensuring safety of the products
To apply for this role as Medical Device Safety Manager our client is hoping for someone with the following skills and experience
- 5 years+ of relevant product safety experience, ideally within medical devices and / electrical devices
- Proven experience in conducting product safety risk assessment.
- A background in either toxicology OR medical device engineering is highly sought after
- Strong ability to analyse and interpret data and document within a formal risk assessment.
- Understanding of international regulatory, legislative and policy frameworks for medical devices, knowledge of MDD/MDR is advantageous
- Strong stakeholder management experience
What should you do next?
This Medical Device Safety Manager role is one not to be missed; it encompasses the opportunity to further expand your knowledge both medical and electrical devices from both a safety and engineering perspective. To discuss this Medical Device Safety Manager role further or to find out about other Medical Device jobs I’m currently working on, please get in touch or hit apply to submit your current CV.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the UK or European Union, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work there.Carrot Recruitment Ltd acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency on behalf of our client in recruitment for this role.