Medical Director – IME / CME – Global Medical Education Company – remote in the UK - £competitive salary
Medical Director – Global Medical Education ~ identify ~ create ~ distribute – 100% remote
This Medical Director position is available to join a high-profile global provider of Medical Education. It may appeal to a Principal Medical Writer, Scientific Team Lead, Scientific Advisor or Scientific Director with a true passion for creating high quality, impactful and clinically important medical education for global HCPs.
Internationally recognised company that delivers evidence-based medical education to global healthcare professionals.
- Expertise in needs assessment, grant writing, content development, faculty selection, outcomes assessment, production and distribution of medical education.
- Design and produce materials for a variety of formats – (e-learning, video, live events and print)
- Measure the outcomes and impact of the education delivered.
- Therapy areas include Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Haematology, Immunology, Infectious Diseases, Neurology, Oncology and Rheumatology.
- Actively growing their European presence and this Medical Director is core to that strategy.
Fully autonomous Medical Director role, working independently on projects supported by Medical Writers, Faculty Managers and Content Creators.
- The primary focus of this Medical Director role is to create high-quality, innovative content for Medical Education activities that meet established timelines, specifications and budgets.
- Work closely with the faculty presenters to develop high-quality, issue-specific, fair-balanced educational content for live, multimedia, or text-based activities while meeting the project timelines. This includes creating and coordinating PPT slide development for live and multimedia education and moderating faculty recordings for multimedia education.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the rules and regulations that govern independent Medical Education (IME) and continuing professional development (CPD), both accredited and non-accredited.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of important clinical issues and trends in assigned therapeutic areas.
- Establish and leverage relationships with internationally recognised faculty experts.
- Develop questions for post-tests, outcomes assessments, and learner surveys.
- Write needs-based grant proposals/needs assessments weekly for a variety of therapeutic areas and healthcare professionals.
For this Medical Director position, you will need substantial experience in a Medical Education setting with established relationships with faculty experts and an ability to write impactful, effective content.
- Significant experience designing, writing and editing clinical content for HCP’s, able to adapt style based on audience and/or format
- Adept at researching, compiling and analysing clinical and scientific evidence quickly.
- Solid background and experience across a variety of therapeutic areas, as defined by amount of confirmed grant funding and number of existing thought leader relationships and designed /developed educational activities
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations overseeing medical education, as well as familiarity with current trends in the industry.
- Comfortable presenting educational needs and program ideas.
- Advanced Medical or Science degree, quick to learn about unfamiliar disease areas and conditions.
What should you do next?
This Medical Director role is one not to be missed; it encompasses the opportunity to work independently and autonomously, writing impactful content to deliver medical education training to healthcare professionals. To discuss this Medical Director role further, or any other Medical Communications vacancies I have available, please submit your current CV.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the European Union, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work there.
Carrot Pharma Recruitment Ltd acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency on behalf of our client in recruitment for this role.