Medical Director – Medical and Patient Communications – Global CRO, UK or Ireland – Combine your strategic thinking, therapeutic expertise and creative approach - Package is £75k - £95k + Car Allowance, Bonus and Loads of Benefits!
This Medical Director role sits on the Medical and Patient Communications team of a global clinical research organisation, supporting clients from Phase II through commercialisation and beyond.
- Truly integrated business; set up to collaborate and bring the right people together to provide solutions to client challenges.
- Global and local knowledge across the world, providing insights into physician and patient behaviour.
- Rapid access to insights from therapeutic and clinical experts to help shape strategy.
- Employees include medical experts, professors, PhD’s, physicians, nurses and MSL’s who all generate insights across the product lifecycle.
- Activities include medical affairs (scientific platforms, publications, advisory boards, educational symposia, MSL support, Medical Information), Market Access Communications (global and country level value dossiers, value communication), Real World Evidence and Clinical Pathways communications, promotional activities (concepts, campaigns, training and creative materials across multiple channels), behavioural- based patient support programmes and technology solutions.
The Medical Director will act as the senior scientific lead providing an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the product, therapy areas and market for a variety of accounts, including large multi-faceted communication programs and niche offerings.
- Take an active role in the development and facilitation of workshops and expert advisory meetings. Lead meetings with relevant stakeholders, presenting scientific / clinical concepts and facilitating discussions as required.
- Oversee and review material created by medical and other team members to ensure the delivery of high-quality content that meets the needs and objectives of the client.
- Internal and external strategic and scientific lead in the development and delivery of proposals and pitches and see this strategy through to programme execution.
- Coach and mentor team members, assisting in training and development.
- Work closely with account teams to lead on project specifications, cost estimates, compliance with industry standards and practices, proactive planning and problem solving.
To be successful as a Medical Director with this global CRO, the following experience is suggested:
- 10 years client facing experience in the medical affairs, publication planning, HEOR or other medical communication setting
- Experience providing medical strategy, direction, development and review for a variety of activities and deliverables.
- Proactive thinker
- Keen to work in multifunctional teams to create innovative communication solutions
- Able to work remotely in the UK or Ireland with occasional face-2-face meetings in Berkshire.
What should you do next?
This Medical Director role is one not to be missed; it encompasses the opportunity to be scientific lead and combine your strategic thinking, therapeutic expertise and creative thinking. To discuss this Medical Director role further or to find out about other Medical Communication jobs I’m currently working on, please get in touch or hit apply to submit your current CV.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the UK or European Union, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work there.
Carrot Pharma Recruitment Ltd acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency on behalf of our client in recruitment for this role.