Medical Director - Strategic Scientific Leader - Independent Med Ed Agency - Bucks - Salary DOE
A digitally focused, independent medical education agency with an impressive client list of big pharma and biotech companies. They are looking to recruit a Medical Director to be a core member of their scientific and strategic leadership team.
Quick to understand the medical education needs of the brand, and then design and develop medical education programmes to achieve and support the brand objectives.
- Creative, digital and innovative agency
- Mostly UK and European accounts
- 80% of their work is meetings based
- TA’s include Inflammatory bowel disease, transplant medicine, schizophrenia, psoriasis, diabetes and HIV.
- Main deliverables include virtual events, digital content, webinars, webcasts and broadcast medical education.
- Growth remains a huge focus with this hire being an instrumental element of the plan.
This newly created position of Medical Director is for an experienced industry professional to lead strategic scientific discussions with clients:
- Core member of the strategic leadership team
- Work with senior medical teams at global pharma clients at phase III to determine scientific platform and long-term med comms strategy work.
- Oversee the writing team including recruitment and training
- Ensure materials are developed to the highest scientific standards and meet key learning objectives.
For this Medical Director role, you are likely to currently be working as a Scientific Director or Senior Scientific Director.
- Able to build solid, trusting relationships with medical teams at global pharma clients
- Capable of early discussions with clients to determine scientific platform and med comms strategy
- Be an inspirational leader to the medical writing team and wider business
- A flair for innovation, pushing boundaries and being creative with content creation.
- Able to be present in the office in Bucks several times a week to be able to make an impact
What should you do next?
This Medical Director role is one not to be missed; it encompasses the opportunity to work with a growing independent Medical Education agency to develop long-term med comms strategy for their global pharma clients. To discuss this role further or to find out about other Medical Communication jobs I’m currently working on, please get in touch or hit apply to submit your current CV.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the UK or European Union, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work there.
Carrot Recruitment acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency on behalf of our client in recruitment for this role.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression.
If there are any arrangements or adjustments we can make to assist you at interview then please let us know and we'll be more than happy to assist.