Medical Editor – Healthcare Agency- London- £Competitive - Great benefits & perks!
As a result of continued success and growth, our client is looking to bring on an experienced scientific editor. This is the perfect role for someone looking to contribute to high-profile work within the healthcare sector and expand on preexisting skills.
This expanding healthcare agency has a strong emphasis on personal development and supporting its employees. They recognise and reward hard work.
- Flexibility around the start and finish time
- Option for some remote working
- Therapeutic areas include: neurology, oncology, haematology, rare diseases, and biotech
- Focus on publications and medical affairs
- Numerous accounts
- High-profile work
- Opportunity to travel
The successful candidate will edit, proofread and provide feedback on a range of scientific material. You will ensure a high standard of grammatical accuracy and consistency in line with SOPs, journals, applying house, and client style.
- Edit and proofread scientific copy/ slides
- Provide comments using tracked changes
- Flag areas of uncertainty
- Liaise with internal and external partners
- Ensure client specification and deadlines are met
- Provide general administrative support
To apply for this editor role you will have prior editing experience, enjoy working as part of a high-performing team, and have great communication skills.
- 1+ years editing experience
- Experience copy editing and proofreading
- Healthcare/ Medical Communications agency experience (desirable)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- English spelling, punctuation, and grammar to a high standard
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Prism, Excel, Reference Manager, client databases, DataVision, Zinc, Endnote
- Able to prepare/edit complex slides and figures in PowerPoint
- Able to prepare figures in Prism
- Advanced use of Word for editing purposes, e.g. reviewing tools (templates, track changes)
- A clear understanding of issues relating to reproducing/adapting published material and data
- Excellent attention to detail
What should you do next?
This exciting editor role is one not to be missed; it encompasses the opportunity to work on high-profile work within the healthcare sector and expand on preexisting skills. To discuss this editor role further or to find out about other editorial jobs I’m currently working on, please get in touch or hit apply to submit your current CV.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the UK or European Union, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work there.
Carrot Pharma Recruitment Ltd acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency on behalf of our client in recruitment for this role.