Medical Writer – Healthcare Communications Agency – Hampshire– £Competitive + Great Benefits
This Medical/ Science Writer role is with a fantastic Healthcare Communications agency focusing on medical education and communications, who work with an interesting variety of clients including patients and doctors.
The role is ideal for an experienced writer seeking a real work/life balance and career progression.
You will love the family feel and philanthropic culture of this organisation. All staff has an input into the creative and operational running of the business. They look after their staff and invest in celebrating success and promoting happy lives and fulfilled careers.
- A friendly and cohesive team, with the drive and passion to exceed client expectations
- Real pride in the work they produce
- Own multimedia and digital team
- A great breadth of in house experience with client-side pharma and marketing backgrounds
- Work collaboratively
- Invest in training and development, individual coaching, personality profiling, celebrate success
- Great location just off the M3 with free onsite parking for drivers, or 30 minutes out of London by direct train
- Lively office environment where banter is encouraged and a long-hours culture is discouraged
As an established Science Writer, you will be driven by making science understandable and accessible to the masses.
- Research and write copy to the highest standards (scientific, grammatical, and audience-focused) for a wide range of medical education and communications materials
- Delivery of high-quality content that is aligned with objectives and meets specification, budget and schedule requirements
- Act as scientific contact for various accounts and liaise with clients, healthcare professionals, external service providers, etc
- Provide input into budgets, schedule development and new business activities
- Marketing and medical research and communication programmes
- Therapy Areas: Rare Diseases, Hepatology, Transplants, Ophthalmology, Rheumatology, Dermatology, Immunology, Cardiology, Neurology
- Deliverables: Strategic and Tactical Communications Plans, Medical Education, Digital and Entertainment, Film and Animation, Data-visualisation, Internal and External Training, Slide Decks, Ad Boards, Publications & Publication Planning, Disease Awareness, Meetings and Congresses, Patient Support
- Career progression
We are seeking a creative individual with the ability to translate science into engaging content and excite audiences.
- Minimum of one years’ medical education agency experience
- Degree level or higher in biomedical science or related subject
- Translate science into engaging content in a variety of media
- Highest quality scientific writing, with skills to adapt content and style to suit different audiences, ranging from patients to academic leaders
- Ability to identify audience-specific communication needs and fulfil these
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- Confidence to present
- Flexible working approach
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
What should you do next?
This Medical Writer role is one not to be missed; it encompasses the opportunity to enhance your career in Medical Communications. To discuss this Medical Writer role further or to find out about other Medical Communications jobs I’m currently working on, please get in touch or hit apply to submit your current CV.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the UK or European Union, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work there.
Carrot Pharma Recruitment Ltd acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency on behalf of our client in recruitment for this role.