Medical Writer - Digital Medical Communications Agency – London - £Competitive Salary + Great benefits
Ready for a change? Looking for a new exciting role? Getting bored of doing the same tasks?
This well-established digital med comms agency specialises in creating engaging promotional, medical educational and patient engagement content. No two years are the same, with the range of projects and therapeutic areas covered you will have the opportunity for continuous learning and development.
Due to sustained growth and success, our client are seeking a number of experienced writers to join who have a solid background in medical communications (related digital experience is not fundamental).
The agency focuses on creating bespoke digital projects for their clients which include big pharma, biotech patient advocacy groups, and professional bodies.
· Promotional- product websites, sales aids, digital banners. Medical Education- digital, e-learning, podcasts, webinars, events. Patient engagement- patient support websites, apps.
· Great company culture which offers a supportive environment that will encourage and motivate you to be your best.
· As there is so much variety, you will constantly be learning and growing. Ongoing training and personal development is offered/ encouraged throughout the year.
· Fantastic work-life balance, there is absolutely no pressure to work overtime or late.
· Young and vibrant team with opportunities for social events. They have a designated afternoon off every fortnight for social activities, throughout lockdown this has continued.
· Very low staff turnover which is further testament to the culture.
· Onsite digital studio, you will be working alongside the designers, developers and video editors.
· Very strong and exciting project pipeline. A lot of repeat business, they are now having to turn down work.
· Discretionary bonus.
· Offices in London and Ipswich. The role can be remote (with travel monthly/ when required to London to work collaboratively, for meetings and social events), hybrid working or office based.
If you have a passion to bring science to life, are excited by the shifting focus to a digital-first approach within med comms and ultimately want to create a personalised medical treatment to all this could be the perfect role for you.
This role will involve creating a range of scientific assets efficiently, alongside working collaboratively across the company.
- Produce high-quality content including digital, print, and video to the appropriate audience
- Scientific knowledge and understanding- terminology, scientific/medical concepts, study designs, statistical concepts
- Interpret and explain clinical data
- Develop strategic plans
- Perform literature research
- Revise and repurposes existing content
- Work collaboratively with other members of the team
- Liaise with external contractors and suppliers
- Coach and mentor junior team members when required
- Attend new business pitches
- A supportive network in place for you to develop new skills, from the Senior Medical Writer and Editorial Director
- With a wide range of and projects, there will be an option for you to choose which team is the best fit. Therapeutic areas include but not limited to cellular therapies, rare diseases, oncology, and rheumatology.
If you have prior medical writing experience from a medical communication agency and are now seeking an exciting new writing role where you can bring science to life, please apply. To be considered for this role you will have the following:
- Life science degree
- 2+ years of experience medical writing in a medical communications agency
- Knowledge of industry guidelines (i.e. ABPI)
- Broad therapeutic area knowledge (oncology or psychiatry experience is desirable)
- Experience in writing medical content for digital assets for brand and medical education teams (desirable)
- Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe Suite proficiency
- Writing for digital assets, such as websites, apps, animations, and other videos (desirable)
- Experience in the development of brand messaging and content strategy (desirable)
- Excellent attention to detail, can work to deadlines, team player, and a proactive attitude with a willingness to learn/ develop new skills
- Creative eye
What should you do next?
This Medical Writer role is one not to be missed; it encompasses the opportunity to join an agency at a really exciting time, continuously learn and work on exciting digital projects.
The company is also seeking Senior Medical Writers to join. To discuss further, please submit your current CV.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the European Union, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work there. Without this, your application will not be processed.
Carrot Pharma Recruitment Ltd acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency on behalf of our client in recruitment for this role.