Principal Medical Writer - Medical Communications Agency – London/homebased - £hugely competitive, above industry average + bonus + benefits
Pioneers in behaviour change, people centric and collaborative, they have won over 25 industry awards and achieved an incredible Queens Award. They are the business that people want to work for: to learn, to inspire and be proud.
As a Principal Medical Writer for this agency, you will have a varied role, which will include:
- Ensure scientific quality is adhered to in client deliverables
- Establish high level scientific and strategic partnership with clients and experts
- Leading, mentoring, and training more junior team members
- Expert level of client science and strategy whilst being abreast of latest medical/scientific advances
- Working across a highly varied range of deliverables such as strategic consultancy work (product positioning, launch maximisation, marketing prepping), medical education (behaviour change, outcomes measurement, live events) Public affairs, creative and digital (visualisation, motion graphics, scientific platforms, virtual reality, digital strategy, data analytics, web design), patient engagement, social listening, PR and meetings (ad boards, symposia, stand-alone)
We are looking for an experienced writer who can create synergy between science, technical information and commercial objectives to deliver compelling programmes.
- A degree as a minimum, ideally further education such as MSc or PhD
- Experience writing for a variety of audiences
- Experience in one or more of the following therapy areas will be beneficial although not essential: ophthalmology, oncology, rare diseases, immunology, MS, HIV, Hep B, Hep C, diabetes, vaccines, UPA
- Coaching, mentoring or leadership experience
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, agency environment, experience working within a medical communications agency is a must
A business that inspires its people, challenges its clients, delivers the best solutions, improves health outcomes and shapes how an industry thinks.
- Outperforms the industry on every metric
- Collaborative, multi-functional Teams in the UK and the US, including a strong shared services function (studio, operations, HR, IT, finance, legal etc.)
- Diversity and inclusion committee and wellbeing champions
- Increased investment to drive more space for thinking, new products and new tools to learn
- Working with 8 of the top 10 global pharma companies, focusing on strong partnerships, with a 100% client retention rate
- Benefits include: 29 days annual leave + bank holidays, pension, bonus scheme, private health and dental for family, employee assistance programme, employee rewards scheme, life assurance, season ticket loans, incentive schemes, employee discount platform
What should you do next?
This Principal Medical Writer role is one not to be missed; it encompasses the opportunity to work for undoubtedly one of the fastest growing, most highly recognised medical communications agencies in the UK, if not globally, with an incredible career path to strive for and continue to grow beyond this level.
To discuss this Principal Medical Writer role further or to find out about other Medical Writing jobs I am currently working on, please get in touch or hit apply to submit your current CV.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the UK or European Union, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work there.
Carrot Pharma Recruitment Ltd acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency on behalf of our client in recruitment for this role.