Publications Coordinator/ Writer (Real World evidence) – Medical Communications Agency – Macclesfield– £20k - £26k DoE
This company is an industry leading medical communications and real world evidence agency. Over the years they have produced over 1000 medical publications based on their real-world evidence studies. This Publications Coordinator and Writer position would involve assisting the team who manage and produce the Real-World Evidence publications process to ensure all outputs (posters, presentations, manuscripts, abstracts) are carried out consistently and to the highest possible quality.
The company is a vibrant, innovative Cheshire based agency, who publish their own findings from Real World Evidence studies. This Real-World evidence is needed to help evaluate the safety and efficacy of pharmaceuticals. The Real-World Evidence generated from this agencies research is used to inform clinical development decisions, strategic marketing and assist in demonstrating product value for clients from the pharmaceutical industry.
- Outstanding reputation in the industry.
- Close-knit, friendly team.
- Excellent on-boarding.
- Offers industry leading benefits.
This role will involve working as part of a centralised team to manage and organise the agencies real world evidence outputs in order to achieve consistency and quality. This Publications Coordinator/ Writer role will involve the following key responsibilities:
- Drafting and creation of abstracts, posters, presentations and manuscripts for publication
- Submission of abstracts, posters and presentations to international conferences and congresses
- Submission of manuscripts to scientific journals for peer review ensuring journal guidelines are met
- Co-ordinating response to reviewers’ comments and resubmission of manuscripts in a standard format
- Guidance on potential target scientific journals
- Gathering any author information required for submissions such as approvals, disclosure forms, e-mail addresses, etc. in a well-organised and timely manner
- Organising, storing and (re-)referencing publications using Reference management software
- Ensuring the publication process and all materials produced comply with current relevant guidelines
- Literature reviews
- Liaising with statistical team in order to produce results including tables and figures
- Organising, storing and (re-)referencing publications using Reference management software (i.e. EndNote)
To apply for this Publications Coordinator and Writer role our client was hoping for candidates with at least 2 years of editorial or writing experience within medical communications/ education, ideally working as a member of an established team who understands all of the processes involved in scientific publications:
- Experience in medical writing (desirable)
- Experience in publication administration and editorial processes
- Educated to a MSc level or higher
- Ideally seeking candidates who can make it into the office, however, they are open to fully remote working
- MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
- Strong interpersonal skills and team spirit to allow effective collaboration as a member of a wider team
- Excellent written, verbal and numerical skills
- Excellent organisational and (time, project) management skills
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry
What should you do next?
This Publications Coordinator/ Writer role is one not to be missed! To discuss further, please submit your current CV.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the European Union, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work there. Otherwise, your application will not be progressed.Carrot Pharma Recruitment Ltd acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency on behalf of our client in recruitment for this role.