Scientific Director - Independent Healthcare Communications Agency – Cheshire / Remote- £50k - £68k + Benefits
This established and independent agency is looking for a Scientific Director to join their people-centric company. The role is to provide operational and scientific leadership of internal teams, and client accounts, as well as to develop strategic and commercial plans for the business.
The company specialises in producing high-quality scientific content to drive continuous improvements in healthcare standards and patient outcomes.
- Provide a full range of medical communication solutions including publications, meetings and event support, digital services as well as a range of specialist health economic and regulatory writing services
- Therapy areas include Oncology, Immunology, Rare Diseases, Women’s Health and CNS
- Deliverables include publication planning, Meetings and events (Ad Boards, Symposia, Conferences and CME) and Digital
- The agency prides itself on an open-door policy and collaborative approach in line with company values
- Empower their employees, enabling them to do what they do best
- Genuine focus on employee health and happiness with various work streams available for people to play an active role in such as D&I, Charity, CSR and Wellbeing.
- Flexible working environment to encourage a sensible work/life balance
- Science is core to everything they do
- Provides internal and external training opportunities
Support the ongoing growth and future direction of the agency and provide leadership and management of the scientific team. You will be joining an established team of Scientific Directors.
- Lead, coach and mentor editorial team members (~ 4-line reports), providing support and guidance on client and project-related issues as required
- Being a key source of account/product/therapy area expertise contributing creative ideas, concepts or suggestions by setting an example to the wider teams.
- Provide expertise on editorial processes, document quality, medical communications strategy, client procedures
- Effectively consultant and guide clients
- Lead and contribute to new business activities to support the future growth of the company
- Contribute to resource discussions, planning and forecasting for designated accounts, liaising closely with the Editorial Business Director
Are you an inspirational and energetic leader with a passion for success? Are you a free thinker who can create novel solutions and has the vision to achieve more? We are seeking someone working in a similar role or who is ready for a step up with the following:
- Proven track record in medical or scientific writing, preferably in a client-driven business
- Strategic and commercial mindset
- Scientific and editorial excellence, with impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable track-record of building client relationships
- Comfortable working with departmental heads, inputting ideas and sharing best practice
- Enjoys working across a range of deliverables including meeting and event support, digital services and publications
- Enjoys leading scientific discussions with key stakeholders and medical experts
- The ability to line manage, mentor and motivate less experienced staff
- Budget development and management experience
- An aptitude for business development
- Robust scientific background and in-depth knowledge of traditional medical education projects.
What should you do next?
This Scientific Director role is one not to be missed; it encompasses the opportunity to own the client relationship providing strategic guidance and advice and then lead the team to deliver project excellence. To discuss this Scientific Director role further or to find out about other Medical Communication jobs I’m currently working on, please get in touch or hit apply to submit your current CV.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the UK or European Union, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work there.Carrot Pharma Recruitment Ltd acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency on behalf of our client in recruitment for this role.