Scientific Directors – Medical Education / Publications or both! – Remote – to £80K+ car allowance
A global agency is enjoying sustained business growth and would like to welcome 3 new Scientific Directors to lead scientifically focussed project teams in the delivery of comprehensive and innovative medical communications to the healthcare industry. Scientific Directors can join teams that focus on medical education, publications or a combination of accounts.
You will join a wider team of c70 people and lead the scientific direction and client communications for your dedicated accounts.
- Scientific Communications agency with a proud reputation for integrity
- Long standing relationships with valued clients and key experts in science and medicine
- Excellent reputation for internal and external training, career progression and professional development of their staff.
- Broad range of projects including publications, medical education and some that include both!
- Wide range of therapy areas including Immunology, Oncology, Respiratory, Rheumatoid arthritis and Rare Diseases and novel therapeutic approaches.
- Very patient driven
Guide the editorial team to develop creative and inspiring solutions to the complex strategic challenges faced by their pharmaceutical and healthcare clients.
- Scientific Leadership: reviews, quality checks, scientific integrity, high attention to detail. Run workshops in the client company for med Ed and Pubs plans.
- Client partnership: build influential relationships, spend time with the client, understand their needs, challenge the brief.
- Idea’s generator: act as a strategic consultant to the client, make suggestions, push back.
- Oversight of entire account, delegation of tasks to the team, successful growth of account, forecast for the next 12 months, strategy for growth, make projections and work towards beating them, close client partnership, resourcing to make sure the right people are on the right account, some P&L responsibility, organic account growth.
- Line management: writers and editorial team, invest heavily in career progression and professional development, formal appraisals and informal meetings every fortnight. Manage freelance resource.
Proven experience in a scientific project leadership role, you want to join an agency who invest in their people and take real pride in the integrity and ingenuity of their communication programs.
- A confident scientific leader who enjoys working in close partnership with the client.
- Strategic consultant able to challenge the brief and raise new ideas.
- Strong background in Medical Communications with wide ranging therapeutic knowledge
- Inspirational leader who nurtures and develops talent
- Applicants welcome who may be a Scientific Director, Scientific Team Leads or Principal Medical Writers with the breadth of experience covering scientific leadership, medical writing, client partnership and team management.
What should you do next?
These Scientific Director roles are not to be missed; it encompasses the opportunity to work strategically with clients and then guide the team through to successful project delivery. To discuss this Scientific Director role further or to find out about other Medical Communication jobs I’m currently working on, please get in touch or hit apply to submit your current CV.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the UK or European Union, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work there.
Carrot Pharma Recruitment Ltd acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency on behalf of our client in recruitment for this role.