Scientific Lead (Lead Medical Writer) – Medical Communications Agency – Oxfordshire – £50k-£60k + substantial bonus (16-21% annually) + benefits
With possibly the best employee retention rates in the industry, losing 5 people in 5 years whilst onboarding 70+, this agency are leading the way in the medical communications sector, and have the opportunity for experienced Writers to join the hugely successful team.
After incredible year on year success, this agency offers:
- BENEFITS - Bonus scheme (paid out 16-21% for the last four years), pension scheme, healthcare, 25 days annual leave raising to 30 days after 5 years’ service
- COMMUNITY - A friendly, social environment with regular social events and onsite activities. The great culture is proven by their remarkable employee retention rate.
- PROGRESSION & TRAINING - Thorough 8 stage induction process, ongoing development and training for all levels, a number of progression opportunities beyond Senior Medical Writer and Scientific Lead
- EXPOSURE – Build on your existing industry knowledge and experience by working alongside the incredibly experienced Directors and senior leadership team
- VARIETY - Work across several accounts at any one time including a range of deliverables and therapy areas
As a Scientific Lead you will be responsible for:
- Line managing a team, quality checking work and providing feedback
- Lead onsite client meeting activities
- Leading on accounts as the clients point of contact from an editorial perspective
- Project costings, specifications and forecasting
- Variety of therapy areas: Respiratory, Oncology, Neurology, Ophthalmology, Disease Education
- Deliverables: 30-50% meetings, 15-20% publications, remaining work: medical education, digital, training apps, websites
To be considered for this Scientific Lead vacancy you will be able to demonstrate:
- Science related qualification, ideally PhD or MSc
- Experience working as a Senior Medical Writer or Principal Medical Writer in a medical communications agency setting
- Experience either line managing or mentoring with the desire to line manage
- Experience reviewing work
What should you do next?
This Scientific Lead vacancy would suit a strong Senior Medical Writer ready to step up or a Principal Medical Writer looking to expand their responsibilities and develop their knowledge working alongside some very senior medical communications professionals.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the European Union, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work there.
Carrot Pharma Recruitment Ltd acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency on behalf of our client in recruitment for this role.