Scientific Lead – Scientific, Strategic and Commercial Medical Communications expertise – Hybrid with offices in central Manchester, central Oxford and Cheshire, Great Package!
An independent medical communications agency who are considered a key strategic partner to leading blue-chip pharmaceutical and biotech companies.
- Primarily work with Global teams focused on medical affairs activities.
- Deliverables include advisory boards, symposia, standalone meetings, communications strategy, slide decks, training materials, publications, competitor analyses, congress coverage, websites and HEOR materials.
- Therapy areas include Oncology, Neurology, Immunology, CV, Respiratory, Vaccines and Infectious Disease.
- A fantastic in-house Studio team for layout, creative and PowerPoint support.
- Individualised and tailored approach to training, blended learning provided by an in-house training team supplemented by external specialist training providers.
As Scientific Lead you will provide senior level scientific, strategic and commercial expertise to ensure strategic and tactical initiatives are implemented to the highest possible standard.
- Research, write, edit, proof-read and data check scientific materials over a full range of deliverables and target audiences.
- Liaise with clients, external experts and authors to establish, develop and maintain strong relationships and advocacy.
- Keep up to date with industry self-regulation and compliance guidelines (eg copyright, GPP3, ICMJE, ABPI, PhRMA, CONSORT, client-specific, etc) and provide guidance on these topics to other team members
- Line manage, mentor and provide support to editorial team members to aid their professional development and ensure quality standards are met.
- Contribute to the development of new business proposals and pitches through the provision of added-value strategic insight and scientific expertise.
This Scientific Lead position requires someone with a life science degree and previous agency experience in a writer and reviewer capacity.
- Line management and mentoring experience of an editorial team within Med Comms
- Good working knowledge of industry self-regulation and compliance guidelines (eg copyright, GPP3, ICMJE, ABPI, PhRMA, CONSORT)
- Excellent English language and grammar, with keen attention to detail.
- Competent in time management, problem solving and mentoring with excellent decision-making skills.
- Able and willing to work hybrid from an office in Central Manchester, central Oxford or Cheshire 2 / 3 times a week.
What should you do next?
This Scientific Lead role is one not to be missed; it encompasses the opportunity to provide senior level scientific, strategic and commercial expertise to multiple therapy areas, products and clients. To discuss this role further or to find out about other Medical Communication jobs I’m currently working on, please get in touch or hit apply to submit your current CV.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the UK or European Union, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work there.
Carrot Recruitment acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency on behalf of our client in recruitment for this role.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression.
If there are any arrangements or adjustments we can make to assist you at interview then please let us know and we'll be more than happy to assist.