Scientific Team Lead – Medical Communications division of Global CRO – West Sussex, UK or Remote, UK – £above industry average + 15% Bonus + Car Allowance + Other Benefits
Join a world leading medical communications team as the primary scientific client contact, providing strategic oversight, and leading on your own assigned accounts.
A world leading Clinical Research Organisation, delivering world class solutions, offering:
- The opportunity to make a real difference, in an environment full of challenge, collaboration, flexibility and industry-leading growth potential
- A highly impressive portfolio of work with global clients including the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies
- Employees the opportunity to be super creative, which elicits the best ideas for their clients
- A highly supportive and encouraging team of 275 medical communications professionals across the UK, US, EU and Asia
- Fantastic benefits package, to include:
- Private health care and dental for employee and family
- Long term disability allowance
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme whereby company doubles employee contributions up to 5%/10%
- Flexible working around 10am-4pm
- Subsidised gym membership
- Season ticket loans
- Retail cards
This Scientific Team Lead job is focused on people management and reviewing of work, you will not be responsible for writing or content creation yourself. Other duties include:
- Overseeing work in the areas of Publication Planning & Scientific Content , Commercial Activities, Interactive & Digital Media, Medical Expert Activities, Advisory Boards and Consultancy Meetings, Educational Slide Decs and more
- Managing a team of writers, including: 1-2-1, recruitment, appraisals, escalations, training & development
- Overseeing 2-3 accounts, and budgets of £1-2m
- Therapy areas are likely to cover Oncology and Cardiovascular
- Participating in budget reviews, pubs planning and strategic comms planning
- Clear progression path with promotion options to include Portfolio Director, Scientific Services or Scientific Strategy Advisor
To be successful within this Scientific Team Lead role, you will be able to demonstrate:
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience within the field of medical communications
- A strong medical writing background is essential
- Previous line management experience
- Client facing skills
- The ability to excel within a fast paced and dynamic working environment
- The ability to travel up to once a month, if required when restrictions are lifted, either to the office or conferences. All meetings are currently virtual.
What should you do next?
This Scientific Team Lead role won’t be around for long due to the company’s reputation, flexibility and renumeration package, so please apply quickly for an initial, informal conversation.
To discuss this Scientific Team Lead role, or other similar medical communications medical writing or team leader jobs further, please get in touch or hit apply to submit your current CV.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the UK or European Union, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work there.
Carrot Pharma Recruitment Ltd acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency on behalf of our client in recruitment for this role.