Senior Medical Editor - International Medical Communications Agency - Multiple Locations - £competitive salary
This international, industry leading medical communications agency is on the lookout for an experienced editor to join their growing team. The role will be focused on editing and proofreading a range of deliverables including: abstracts; posters; manuscripts; PowerPoint presentations; training programmes; meeting materials; newsletters; proposals; websites.
This agency offers a fantastic working environment, and industry leading benefits.
This international agency is renowned for working with 90% of the world’s 40 top pharmaceutical companies. They work across a broad range of therapy areas including oncology, rare diseases and specialist medicines. What sets this agency apart from its competitors?
- This agency prides itself on its friendly and collaborative environment, while providing fascinating professional challenges and amazing opportunities.
- This agency offers highly competitive benefits including 29 days annual leave, 4pm Friday finishes, private medical cover and enhanced parental leave.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- Clear career path.
- This agency truly values its staff and this focus is reflected in their impressive retention rates.
- Emphasis on Corporate Social Responsibility and have a designated program.
- Diverse, Inclusive culture.
- Multiple offices in the UK.
This role will involve proofreading, copyediting, and quality control along with the following duties:
- Act as a role model and mentor for junior staff, providing training where needed.
- Involvement in team meetings.
- Ensuring exceptional quality and consistency across all deliverables.
- Work collaboratively with wider team and company.
- Document formatting such as ensuring style guides are maintained and adhered to.
- To develop and maintain an understanding of the various client brands and disease areas.
- Re-templating: ensuring copyright restrictions have been met and necessary permissions gained.
- keep up to date on industry guidelines.
If you are a Medical Editor looking for a step up or a Senior Medical Editor looking for your next role this could be the position for you. To apply for this Senior Medical Editor vacancy, you must have the following:
- BSc in the life sciences or related field
- Demonstrated editorial skills across a range of core areas such as proofreading and editing
- Ability to line manage/ mentor
- Knowledge of relevant industry guidelines, including publication industry guidelines such as Good Publication Practice
- Awareness of the principles of the ABPI code of compliance
- Experience with reference management software
- Experience in instructional design
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills,
- Plan, organise and complete multiple tasks and deal with changes in project timings and specifications
- Strong project management and organisational skills
What should you do next?
This Senior Medical Writer role is one not to be missed; it encompasses the opportunity to work in a well-respected international agency, working at the forefront of scientific developments. To discuss further, please submit your current CV.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the European Union, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work there. Otherwise, your application will not be progressed.Carrot Pharma Recruitment Ltd acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency on behalf of our client in recruitment for this role.