Senior Clinical Research Nurse (Chemotherapy) – Oxford – Global Cancer Care Provider Up to £44,487k Salary D.o.E
Carrot Recruitment are working in partnership with a global cancer care provider with sites across 4 countries. Our client are keen to find a Senior Clinical Research Nurse to work alongside other highly trained professionals in their Oxford facility to provide the best care to patients participating in chemotherapy and clinical research trials.
Reporting to the Lead Chemotherapy Nurse and Centre Manager the successful person will be required as a Senior member of the team to deputise when required.
Typical responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working collaboratively with the medical team to assess patients, monitoring and observing them throughout the clinical trial
- Collating patient data in accordance and as required by the study protocol
- Accurately recording and reporting any adverse events
- Ensuring you stay up to date with the study protocol, being aware of other clinical trials within the speciality area both internally and externally
- Safely administering treatments to patients
- Providing advice and support to patients and their families throughout the clinical trial
- Must be NMC registered Nurse, ideally with Clinical Research experience
- Have a UKONS SACT Passport or be committed to completing this with the initial 3 months of employment
- Have extensive knowledge of oncology and chemotherapy, being competent in the delivery of chemotherapy medicines, be qualified in venepuncture and cannulations with proven experience of using various central venous access devices
- Have effective communication skills alongside proficient record keeping abilities
- Ideally have knowledge of the clinical research environment
- Have an excellent bedside manner, being empathetic to all patients and families
What should you do next?
This role is one not to be missed! To discuss this role further or to find out about other roles I’m currently working on, please get in touch or hit apply to submit your current CV.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the UK or European Union, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work there.
Carrot Recruitment acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency on behalf of our client in recruitment for this role.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression.
If there are any arrangements or adjustments, we can make to assist you at interview then please let us know and we'll be more than happy to assist.