Head of Intelligence – Life Science Insights & Events Agency – London / hybrid WFH
My client was historically a pharma events business, running and attending various conferences worldwide focusing on biopharmaceuticals. Their specialism is drug development and early-stage scientific projects.
Over the last few years they have grown impressively, both in terms of staff and revenue but also in expanding their offering. They have set up a successful subscription business – a pipeline tracker of drug development which dovetails nicely with their conference knowledge.
More recently they have set up a hybrid market research / consulting arm of the business. They partner with CRO’s and biopharma businesses to provide in depth drug development information from scientists and other conference attendees. They’ve a bespoke, niche panel of drug development professionals, allowing them to offer a market research service that very few other companies can.
This role encompasses the following:
- You’ll be involved in developing the teams strategic vision and position this accordingly to help generate growth opportunities
- You’ll work with internal stakeholders and various teams to advise on all things market research
Commercial Market Research
- You’ll play a key role in business development activities, testing new product offerings and optimising pricing.
- You’ll get involved in hands on market research at a strategic level
- You’ll maintain and develop client relationships
- You’ll line manage 3/4 people and take responsibilities for decision making across the team
In order to be successful in this role you’ll need:
- A relevant higher degree in life sciences and / or a track record of performing well in a life science work environment
- An understanding of complex emerging biopharma drug development trends
- A strong commercial understanding with experience at building client relationships and inputting into company strategy
- Experience in developing insightful proposals, determining appropriate research / consulting methodologies and the ability to translate insights into meaningful, actionable recommendations
- Leadership capabilities, both in terms of line management but also the ability to take ownership of projects and clients
What should you do next?
This Head of Intelligence role is one not to be missed; it encompasses the opportunity to work with a growing international company. To discuss this role further or to find out about other market research / consulting jobs I’m currently working on, please get in touch or hit apply to submit your current CV.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the UK or European Union, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work there.
Carrot Recruitment acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency on behalf of our client in recruitment for this role.